Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

Ready For The Weekend

It has been quite the week.

Work was awful. Every day. Computer meltdowns didn't help the matter. Let's just say I was VERY happy to walk out the door today, knowing I don't have to return until Monday.

So much I want to write about, but my mind just wants me to purge it all at once. I think a bulleted post is the answer, so bear with me.

  • I really appreciated the support from my last 2 posts. After reading all your comments, I actually called up a girlfriend on Saturday and had a wonderful, enjoyable afternoon/evening catching up with her.
  • Completed my first week with a personal trainer. I met with her on Mon. and Wed. Worked out on my own the rest of the week. I'm sore, but feel proud.
  • My little sister's husband had a CT scan last week. Monday brought more bad news, as it showed spot(s)! on his lungs. A biopsy was scheduled for later in the week.
  • Work sucks. Big time.
  • Disappointing weigh in this week. I really expected a loss. Instead I gained .8 pounds.
  • Nothing like finding out that your schedule is moving in a big meeting that starts with, "Well, I wanted to let you all know, but, this won't affect anyone but Photogrl..." WTH?
  • Cried a lot.
  • BIL biopsy cancelled because of where the spots are located. I'm really starting to worry for both of them.
  • Went out to dinner with a friend after my weigh in last night, had smothered chicken with cauliflower Au gratin. Easily the best part of my week.
  • Miss O. somehow managed to get a comb stuck in her hair. I thought I was going to have to cut it out. When I asked what she was doing to have this happen, she responded innocently, " I was just pretending it was a curling iron." How do you get mad at that?
  • I think AF might be knocking at the door...
  • Did I mention how bad my work week was?

I'm very happy it's the weekend. I have a cake in the oven, that I'm making for my little cousin, who just turned 19. She requested an octopus cake!?! Hope I can pull it off.

Otherwise, I look forward to catching up with all of you!

7 comments:

  1. Oh I hate weeks like that. It sounds like you really needed that dinner out last night.

    I am so sorry the news with your BIL is not better. It is an awful disease and I hope better news await.

    Thinking of you, hoping next week is MUCH better and full of surprises. Maybe a grasshopper or two?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you're having such a rough week. But I did have to laugh at Miss O's hair issues - I did the exact same thing for the exact same reason when I was a kid. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. man alive. I'm sorry it's been such a crappy week. I know how you feel about the weigh in :) i was out of town last week and i'm not looking forward to mine tomorrow. I'll keep your BIL and sister in my prayers, that has to be scary. and seriously whoever made that announcement at work is a jerkface!

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the upcoming workweek becomes a little easier. I have been called to the office the past two freckin Sundays...it is just a couple of hours, but it spoils the Sunday anyways.


    An octopus cake! Wow! The eighth arm is mine though!



    I missed your previous two posts, and I hope that you do not mind if I answer the question now.

    So, do you ever feel like you want to just stay in your house and not see the world? Or a least hide from your friends?

    What do you do to get over it?

    Once I am home, anything that makes me leave the homespace really gets on my nerves...even shopping. I tend to club everything with the trip back/trip to office. I don't hide, but I may not pick the call of a friend...and I have done that to one of my closes friends. The biggest reason, that I really do not have anything much to add on my front. Also, since I started restricting the juicy medical details of my IF treatments, I don't want to talk about it, unless I think it is important.

    I don't get over it anyways, currently!

    Well, I hope that whatever it is, the IVF does not go beyond September...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on meeting with the personal trainer. I sometimes think I could use a little training to whip my butt into gear.

    I'm so sorry about your BIL. That sounds so scary. I hope it all clears up in the least scary way possible.

    Work seemed to always suck for me. I hope that yours is at least mixed with some non-sucking, too.

    Weight loss is a tricky thing. Sometimes in a totally illogical move, our bodies decide to gain when they should lose. I wish you luck with the next weigh in, and hope your body gets with the program!

    Miss O is HILARIOUS. I got a curling iron stuck in my hair (it was off) because I kept twirling and twirling and twirling it and it got all wound up in my hair. Oh, did that hurt!

    I hope you have an awesome weekend (AF or not). That cake sounds too cute. You should post a pic so we can see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have a wonderful week! I really want to see the octupus cake, too! Sounds neat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a week! Im so sorry about your BIL...
    Hoping that this coming week is much, much better. And GO you with the personal trainer!

    ReplyDelete