Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Get The Vote Out!

First and foremost, have you voted for Mel yet? If not, click here, click on Stirrup Queens and then find your way back here. Today is the LAST day for voting, so make sure you get your vote in!

::::::::::::::::::::

I'm having a blah day. You know, one of those days where you get up, get moving, think you look okay as you leave the house. I thought I looked cute this morning. I was wrong.

When I got into work, I usually but a pot of coffee on for me and some co-workers. The company offers free coffee, but it's not very good and I have to go to the 3rd floor to get it. Yep, I work in the basement...classy, no? Let's face it, I'm lazy and kind of a coffee snob. Who wants to truck up 3 flights of stairs for coffee you don't even like?
Anyways, I was filling up the carafe and I looked in the mirror.
Wow. I have NO idea what I was thinking when I got dressed this morning.
I have a green and brown cardigan sweater on with a brown turtleneck underneath. It's cold out & snowing again, so warmth is important. (the basement is not very warm, either). Sounds okay, right? Well, not so much. I don't know what's wrong with the outfit, but let's just say that I look like my bre.asts are hanging down to my waist. Could be the br.a, the shirt, or the way the cardigan is...I don't know.
But I won't be wearing it again.
As if i needed any more inspiration to lose weight, it was staring right back at me this morning.
In the form of a blob = me.
Any suggestions on br.as that will hold you up...even if you're a D.D.D?

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I feel your pain! I know the difference a good bra can make. Right now, the bra I'm digging the most is from Lane Bryant, their Balconette style bra, but that only works if your band size is 38 (or larger). Even then, it's still hard to find DDD in the store.

    BUT, I recently found some good, relatively comfortable minimizer style bras from Maidenform. I like these a lot for wearing under button-down shirts. They hold the girls, nice and tight, and minimize without ruining a silhouette.

    Other than that, if you get more suggestions, you'll have to let me know. I'm ALWAYS on the lookout for good bras that fit well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was a triple D but when I was looking at the Just My Size catalog they illustrated the measurement thing and it turned out I was an H. So, my 1st suggestion would be to measure if you haven't already. I would also highly recommend using the Just My Size Website. The Glamorise bras are very supportive and they even made my girls look perky for the first time ever.

    (I can't believe I just told everyone my bra size. That is how important it is to me that you be happy in your bra!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a 34DDD or 36DD. They're expensive ($60) but Wacoal is the only brand I buy anymore (Nordstrom's does bra-fittings. It is worth the time.) I find if I don't have a good bra, I can't be confident in my clothes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete