Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Help Needed.

M. has a need to get out of town bug. Like yesterday. It happens every year at this time, like clockwork.

How do I know?

He called me at work today and said, "We could go to the land of mou.se for 7 days...for $1600! Let's do it!" I felt horrible bursting his bubble with a resounding no, but I don't think it's the time to book a week-long vacation. We've been trying to get some friends together to go on a vacation, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon.

I have a 3 day weekend coming up, and I'd like to treat M. to a quick trip. I'm open to flying, if it's not too expensive, or driving. It could include Miss O. or just be the 2 of us. We could leave Saturday evening and not have to be back home until Monday night. If it helps for reference, we live in the state where the song, "Hang on Sloopy" includes the shout O-H-I-O in the chorus ;)

So, dear Internet, any ideas???

8 comments:

  1. meant to type and look for their last minute deals.

    http://last-minute.travelzoo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad you don't live in CA. Southwest airlines offers $49 flights within state. Maybe they offer something like that in your area?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here are my VERY random thoughts:

    there are tons of sales at Southwest.com for less than $50 each way - you are (I think) in driving distance of DC and all the museums/history there - I have no idea what is West of you since I've never been that way - Harper's Ferry in West Virgina is very quaint and lovely (if you are into that sort of thing) and Charlestown Races and Slots are nearby (if you are into THAT sort of thing) - not sure how cold it is up there, but Niagara Falls MUST be beautiful in the winter - you could do a romantic weekend at a B&B somewhere - or ... um ... I think I'm finally out of ideas now


    oh, and my hubby is trying to get us to go to Disney as well, esp. w/ that deal they've got going on right now ... unfortunately for my wallet, he's winning the debate at the moment (but I really want to go so that is helping him!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, girls! Good ideas, I'm off to check it out.

    Heather J., I would go back to Disney in a heartbeat, I highly recommend it! We just went last spring, and I don't want Miss O. to think it's an annual event ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I have the travel bug all the time. But, since I have the income that comes with the leisure class lifestyle, I get to quash those ideas before they are ever fully formed.

    Someday, I will take the husband to the land o' mouse. I love it, and want to go back, like, NOW, but he thinks it's just a place for kids. Which, I mean, I suppose it is a little bizarre to go sans-kiddos, but still. He needs to experience this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Key West. We love it. It is so laid back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the help with the BF and formula topic. Ahh, a getaway sounds great. Do you like Vegas? My parents are going there next week. Flights were about 170 each roundtrip from Detroit. Hope you find something that is fun!

    ReplyDelete