Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hanging On

*Whew*

I think I can take a minute and catch my breath now...maybe even complete a post.


The last few days have been stressful. Between Aunt Flo showing up unwanted; to starting a new shift AND new job duties, I'm barely keeping my head above water. I know that within a week I'll be much more comfortable in my new position, leading me to feel more confident and secure.

So far, I am LOVING my new hours. For ten and a half years, over a decade of my life, I have worked some form of afternoon turn...3p-11p, 2p-10p, even 1p-9p. I have only eaten meals with my husband on Sunday nights. I've never really been a part of Miss O.'s bedtime routine. I am now working 10a-6p. Woo-hoo! I have a "normal" person's schedule. We ate dinner as a family at the dining room table (what a concept!) for the last two nights. Miss O. was a little confused the first night, "Mommy, why are we eating at the table?" Talk about feeling guilty!?!

I feel good about these changes. I think it's the right thing at the right time for our little family. I just hope this good feeling sticks around for a little bit!

4 comments:

  1. Let's hope that more quality family time leads to more family members. Stress can make a huge impact on infertility. I've been struggling with secondary infertility for six years and the one thing I haven't tried is reducing my overall stress in life. Good luck.

    via ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming over from ICLW...


    Hope things calm down soon. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your life calms down a bit soon. Enjoy the extra family time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAAAY for the new hours! I hated working evenings. You feel like a real person when you have evenings off with your hubby :) Enjoy dinners with the little one :)
    ICLW

    ReplyDelete