Pages

Friday, August 8, 2008

Changes

Big changes are coming to my life in about a week and a half.

I haven't been happy at work for quite some time now, and have been pretty honest about it. For the last 10 years, I have worked an evening shift, somewhere around the lines of 3p-11p or so. Starting the 18th, I'm going day side! Woo-hoo!

I'm going to be able to eat dinner with my husband and daughter. I'm going to be able to put my daughter down to sleep at night, every night. Bedtime will be before 2am! The list goes on and on.

My position at work is changing along with my schedule...I'm finally going to be doing something that I enjoy, instead of being the glorified secretary that I am now. Nothing wrong with being a secretary, but when you spent your last 9 years in a very creative position, never sitting at a desk, what I've been doing for the past 8 months has about killed me! I'll still be sitting at a desk, but I'm going to get to be creative again. Super excited, that I am.

M. has worked on changing his schedule a little, so that Miss O. can still go to the preschool we picked for her. Being the boss has it's perks, I guess!?! I signed her up for a M-W-F afternoon preschool, because I worked afternoons. Not going to be the case anymore...so we had to figure something out. I can't believe my baby is going to preschool this year. How could this possibly be?

This is why I won't give up on working right now. The original plan was for me to go back to work until we had baby #2, then I would be a SAHM for a while. Hm, didn't quite work out. Now I feel like it's too late. If I was going to quit working, I should have done it 2 years ago, when Miss O. was still young. In a year, she'll be attending ALL day kindergarten, and what would I do all day? Sit on my butt, and do nothing? Doesn't sound to bad, but I know that after a couple of days I would be BORED.

Don't get me wrong, the want for another little one is still as strong as ever. I really, really, really would like to give Miss O. a sibling. It's just that, I need to focus on me right now. I need to stop living life through the "what ifs", you know? I've wasted SO much time in the last three years being obsessed with getting and staying pregnant. Maybe it's time to move on, and just live.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Ha ha, who am I kidding? I'm 5 DPO.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, 5dpo! I always get so excited during the 2WW. Congrats on the change in shift, and on staying so calm! Fingers crossed for you, as ever.

    ReplyDelete