Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Randomness

So, I posted like, I don't know, ONCE this week!?!

That is sad.

It's not that I don't want to post, I'm just struggling with finding time to do so.

Chances are that next week won't be much better. Miss O. turns 6 next Sunday, and we're having a party, and, of course, I'm making a cake.

Stick by me, I promise it will get better.

::::::::::::::::::::

Last week's photo challenge answer was...

A marshmallow gun!

Two of my little cousins got them for Christmas and had a great time shooting them across the living room! Even the "big" kids got into the action!

::::::::::::::::::::

I've spent a lot of time researching cloth diapers this week.

It's something I never even thought about with Miss O.

I love the idea of doing it, and have the lingo down, but I still have a few concerns. Like laundry, or more importantly, how much MORE laundry this might create.

If you're a cloth diaper user I want to hear from you! What do you like best? AIO's, fitteds with covers, prefolds? Am I going to be overwhelmed?

::::::::::::::::::::

Work.

Should I return after the babies?

I automatically thought that the answer was NO, when we found out we were having twins. As the time is growing closer, I'm having second doubts.

Can we survive on one income? I'm sure we can, but a lot of our "comfort" level would be gone.

Will I go crazy without some adult interaction?

Most of all, I've realized that I'm not giving up a job.

I'm giving up my career.

My current employer has been my employer for the last 12 years. I've worked here since before I graduated from college...just changing duties and classifications over the years.

I just don't know.

::::::::::::::::::::

We have reached the 19 week mark!

There is no doubt that I'm pregnant, instead of just fat...and I'm starting to feel movement on a much more regular basis.

Big ultrasound is scheduled for March 8th, in a little over a week. Hopefully, we'll find out what's baking in there!

::::::::::::::::::::

That's my wrap up. I've been crazy busy. It was a marshmallow gun...I'm thinking about cloth diapers...Should I return to work?...and I'm counting the days until our big u/s!

What's up with you?

11 comments:

  1. First of all happy birthday Miss O.! thanks for the wrap up I was wondering about you. I can't wait to hear about the big scan, and it's so great that you feel regular movements! Love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to Miss O! I have also been researching cloth diapers and think that hybrids might be the best way to go. These are what we are going with http://www.kellyscloset.com/Gro-Baby_c_863.html I researched for months...lol!! I also plan on not going back to work but really hope we can afford. However, I am not happy at my job so this is an easier decision for me. Can't wait to hear about the big u/s!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish you a very happy birthday Miss O!!

    And yay for reaching 19 weeks...

    It is too soon of you thinking of giving up on your 'career'....you could take some time off after the babies are born, and then reconsider the decision to stay home/work after that. Anyways, I know that you know your condition best, so I hope that you will be wise...

    Have fun! And do post a pic of the cake that you do....OK?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday darling Miss O! You better post a pic of that cake :)
    Can't wait to hear the scan results..you getting sick of hearing that yet? Anyway, also just letting you know nominated you for a blog award. It's ok if you don't have the time to fill it out. Just want you to know how much our friendship means to me. If it wasn't for your presence in the beginning, I may have stopped blogging altogether. You are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Miss O! I'm looking forward to seeing what you find out about cloth diapers. I'm interested too, but have the same worries that you do. Very exciting that you are feeling movement. Can't wait to hear about the big u/s!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do have lots going on! Lots of decisions, but exciting ones! Yay for feeling them move and reaching 19 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 6th Birthday Little Miss!

    We do cloth diapers: LOVE THEM! We have the BumGenius 3 (one size with the inserts) and prefolds with thirsties covers. It really isn't that much more laundry...I just do a load every day or every other day. I honestly don't think it's "extra work"...saves me money and from running to the store all the time.

    I didn't go back to work, but for me it was a job I really hated and had been looking for an excuse to get out of for years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Miss O!

    Don't worry about not posting, we are still here whenever you are!

    YAY for the BIG u/s!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! 19 weeks already! Awesome! And I, too, hope you get to find out what's cooking in there next week...

    I can't remember the last time I worked someplace that I actually liked, so it was a no-brainer for me that I wouldn't be looking for a job either now nor when the babies are here. If I actually liked my career, though, it *would* be a hard decision to make, especially with twins on the way. Daycare is *so* expensive for infants, and multiplied by two, it's exorbitant. Maybe you could work out something with your employer to stay home for a year, until childcare costs decrease, and then go back to work. Or to work part-time for a while, just to see whether or not you really want to go back full-time. Hmm. Tough one.

    I have pretty well decided on cloth, and have lots of AIOs I inherited from a friend. I'll probably buy a few more covers in various sizes (she also gave me lots of size medium covers, but I'll need some newborn and small size, I think), and maybe some extra prefolds (she sent me a TON of those in both newborn and regular size). I anticipate from what I've researched that I will be doing laundry basically a minimum of every two days. BUT, I won't be spending money on diapers, and since I'm staying home, I'm hoping it won't be as much of a burden to deal with laundry as it would if I were slogging home at the end of a work day to a pile of diapers and poo which have to be washed.

    Of course, once the boys are here, and I actually have to deal with the tedium of daily/every-two-day laundry, I may end up changing my mind. But knowing how much diapers cost, it'll probably take a lot of poo-washing to convince me to switch...


    And WOW! Six years old?? Happy birthday, Miss O!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. On work, I agree with WiseGuy -- wait to make a decision until you're on leave and can see what life will be like if you're home full-time. We can't afford it, but I find it a tough question to ponder anyway -- big pros and cons either way, even ignoring the financial.

    As for cloth diapers, in the early days we mainly used fitteds (Kissaluvs size 0) or prefolds, both with Thirsties covers. Now we mainly use one-size pockets (mostly BumGenius). Early on, we did laundry daily or every other day, but now it's every 3rd day (we'll go back to more often soon enough). We found that the easiest schedule was to have whoever wasn't doing bath put the diapers in the wash during bathtime, then someone puts them in the dryer before bed. We can then fold/stuff as needed in the morning or at some point while Harry is playing. When we have two needing baths, we'll probably just switch to putting them in the wash after the kids are in bed. I never found it to be much extra work -- honestly. Email me if you have any questions!

    ReplyDelete