Pages

Saturday, June 7, 2008

A Letter

I got a letter in the mail today from my Reproductive Endocrinologist, or RE.

I just met with him on Monday to discuss options. Options I didn't want to hear, because they will take us down another path that I didn't choose. Of course, he said IVF is the way to go. And I said, "Thanks, but no thanks."

Not that M. and I haven't discussed that IVF might be the next step, not that we're not open to it, not that we probably won't try it. It's just that I'm not ready yet. I've been pregnant 4 times in the last two and a half years...I just can't seem to stay pregnant. So, I politely told him that I needed a break...and walked out of the office.

I didn't expect a letter.

It's full of medical terms like, "unilateral tubal patency" and "greater follicular development", and my personal favorite, "unpredictable and inefficient approach". All of this stems from 4 failed Clomid cycles. Three of which, I only had left sided eggies...and left sided eggies with NO left tube = no IUI. To say I'm frustrated is putting it lightly!

So, thank you RE for putting everything I already know in writing, and making me loathe my body even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment