Friday, July 2, 2010

Dazed & Confused

I need a new Friday routine...

Back up, yes, I'm still here. No babies yet.

After contracting ALL day yesterday, from 5 minutes to 35 minutes apart, with no consistency, everything died off around 9pm. I was disappointed, I'm not going to lie. It just felt like it was the day to have them, you know?

Anyhow...I headed in this morning like a good little patient to L&D for my NST. I expected to get in and out, and be on my way to my doctor's appointment at 11:15am. Babies looked good, everything went well, except my blood pressure. It's starting to creep up again.

I don't really understand why, but my doctor told the nurse to keep me for further monitoring, and to not worry about my appointment. This, of course, is after I was already unhooked and ready to go!

So, back on the monitors I go, for another 2 hours. Again, babies look good. Blood pressure isn't great, but okay. Now, I haven't ate or drank since this morning, so it's no surprise that I'm contracting again. After an internal exam...ugh, I hate them...I'm still soft and closed. No change.

Finally, shortly after 1 o'clock, I'm allowed to leave. I arrived at 9, so poor Miss O. had been sitting with me for over 4 hours...she's such a trooper!

I don't mind the fact that my doctor is being cautious, I just wish they'd explain what she's looking for.

At this point, unless I'm contracting consistently every 10 minutes or my water breaks, I'm still in a holding pattern.

37 weeks


  1. I'm sorry they kept you so long!

    WOW!! 37 weeks!! Congrats! You are already such a Rockstar Mom!!

  2. That sounds like a long day!! bah! My dd would not have tolerated that at all.


    Hoping they come soon!!

  3. Congratulations on 37 weeks!

    So they just keep you on the monitors for hours at a time? And no explanation on why? That blows big time. I was lucky if I could even get an NST. I think I only had a small handful with the boys and they were over as soon as they could get 10 minutes of good strip with reactions from both of them. That just really sounds miserable.

    Way to go Miss O on being such a trooper!

  4. YOU are a trooper, you are doing so well! It will be soon, I am sure...

  5. Man, I would have lost my everlovin' mind if I had to go BACK on monitors after they were already done!
    I know all too well how that 37th week pregnant with twins feels, and for your sake, I hope they are ready to come out soon!!!

  6. Ugh you are a good patient!! I can't believe they gave you no explanation as to why you had to stay! Hopefully you won't have many more visits to L&D left!

  7. 37 weeks is fantastic!

    Miss O's patience will serve her well when the babies arrive.

    Good luck!!

  8. It is so fantastic you have made it this far!! Next post I bet will be their gorgeous pics :) Can't wait!

  9. Wow! 37 weeks with twins! That is awesome! Exhausting and painful, but awesome.

  10. I found it to be so confusing towards the end. In the begining, you're begging God to let the baby( or in your case, babies) stick, stay in, get comfy! But, by the end, you're wishing they would just GET OUT! But, you want them to be healthy. But you want them out and healthy!

    Its hard. ((hugs))

    On another note, way to go momma! 37 weeks is amazing!

  11. If I could go back and have a few more days or better, a week, I would have stuck it out. My girls acted more like 35 weekers and had to stay in the nursery 2 weeks... so every day is important.

    That said, I know it's HARD! I looked at the photos of me at 36 weeks and already I'm amazed that I did that!

  12. Wow, 37 weeks! That's amazing.

    Hope they get here soon!

    Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers over the next few weeks!!!